Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Grain of Assault

I've been arrested. Yes, I have. Dec. 2007 on charges of...assault. Arguing is now considered assault apparently. I can see the ad campaign..."Arguing : The New Assault! *Now with more Totalitarianism!*"

I'll be the first to admit if I beat someone's ass. I have no gripes with a reasonable fist fight, and I'm not sorry for saying that. I was raised old fashioned like that. But it should be a thing of honor, not to be taken lightly. Some people take things too far and then...you know. Shit goes crazy. Defcon 5. Code fucking red.

But here I am, arguing in the middle of downtown at the top of my lungs. Long story short, cops come, I surrender peacefully, I get batoned and beat a bit, I get arrested and charged with assault. For arguing.

I don't know what the hell was wrong with these officers (City police force, of course.) It was almost like they were disappointed that there was not a real crime taking place and just decided "hey...we're here anyways..."

Even longer story short, I have my charge WITHDRAWN, 6 months later. Later. As in after. As in after I lost a job. As in after I got my ass kicked. As in after they threw me in a piss-soaked-smelling cell. As in after they trumped up a charge on me.

But, do you believe me?

Is this "truth?" Or am I bending it, or, worse (or better,) am I outright lying? Where are the facts? Where is..substance. Evidence. Did I tell you the whole story? Were there other charges? Things that are omitted are usually the most damning of all. We all know this.

Truth vs. "Truth" vs. Denial vs . "No Comment." That`s all you get. That`s what they give. And it is not 25-25-25-25.

You see, my story is just that, my story. Take it for what you will. A grain of salt. Whatever. But I hope I have made you think. A little, a lot, just to think. That`s what I offer to you.

People will mislead you. They will outright lie. They will shun responsibility. Only do a rare few have the courage to lead, and to truly lead...

No comments: